blockchainappfactory
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

What is Initial Exchange Offering? How it Differs from ICO?

Fri May 03, 2019 3:50 pm

What is Initial Exchange Offering?

Initial Exchange Offering is the new method of fundraising where companies can directly list their tokens in the Exchange after the token creation process. Contrary to Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), an IEO is administered by a crypto exchange on behalf of the company to raise funds with its newly issued tokens.

How it is Differs from ICO?
  • Exchanges will screen the project before listing.
  • Smart Contracts are managed by the Exchange itself.
  • Fundraising is conducted at the Exchanges by utilizing the userbase of Exchanges.
  • No need to manage the KYC/AML verification process

ANC

Re: What is Initial Exchange Offering? How it Differs from ICO?

Sun May 05, 2019 6:34 am

What is Initial Exchange Offering?

Initial Exchange Offering[/url][/b] is the new method of fundraising where companies can directly list their tokens in the Exchange after the token creation process. Contrary to Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), an IEO is administered by a crypto exchange on behalf of the company to raise funds with its newly issued tokens.

How it is Differs from ICO?
  • Exchanges will screen the project before listing.
  • Smart Contracts are managed by the Exchange itself.
  • Fundraising is conducted at the Exchanges by utilizing the userbase of Exchanges.
  • No need to manage the KYC/AML verification process
[/quote]

I see the beginning of the end for ICOs with the introduction of these IEOs - people will most likely trust the assessment of big exchanges on the projects they are willing to carry out the fundraising for. When I see projects like ECOMI that have towed this line, my confidence increases and I believe the advantages of IEOs over ICOs will make any new amazing project look in that direction. One of the advantages that I love is the fact that these big exchanges will carry out marketing themselves.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”