CeoExecutive

Is Bitcoin the Future of Money?

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Many websites today now accepts BTC as a mode of payment to shop online, even physically some South Africa shops accept bitcoins to make in-store purchase, there are bitcoin ATMS in some countries. So could bitcoin really be the future of money worldwide, the USD as been deemed as a universal currency yet you still have to exchange USD to local currency before you can spend it in most countries. But bitcoin are directly accepted and there are platforms/ exchangers that exchange crypto for local currency.

The only reason why bitcoin is not yet a worldwide medium of exchange is the decentralised attribute and its not been regulated. If bitcoin becomes regulated it might lose some of its advantages (the major reason why some people are in the crypto market), this is controlled by the USA that i believe sees BTC as a direct rival to the USD and wont let it be regulated.

Note: This are just my Opinion, if you have a different opinion please share.

LanaFlame
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Is Bitcoin the Future of Money?

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm

the USA that i believe sees BTC as a direct rival to the USD
I'm doubtful about that

maks-ivanov89
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Definitely the future for real money!

Pod_Miners
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:23 am

The future of currency is the digital currency. the fiat currency will be erased. Trend is being changing to digital currency.

Vlad96
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 am

I think that not only Bitcoin is the future of money, other cryptocurrencies also can become the future of money.

X-ray

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 am

There's nothing certain about that, bitcoin maybe good and have high value but doesn't cover the chance of other crypto to overtake its position, altcoin also have the potential for mass adoption like veil, a privacy based crypto that offer anonmity currently have rising popularity among people.

There are chances . that altcoin like this could overtake bitcoin position because altcoin also striving to be better and better. if bitcoin is still stuck at its stage by fast or slow altcoin will eventually overtake bitcoin in term of mass adoption like veil that has good trend of rising its price so I guess, there are chances but altcoin like veil also have chances aswell.

Pod_Miners
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 am

undoubtedly, it is the future.

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:02 am

I'm doubtful about that
They never think about that and it's impossible to see US tries to seen bitcon at the same level as fiat money which is having a stable value. It looks like the fact that bitcoin will be very suitable to become a commodity such as gold to store our value.

We have a lot of coins just like privacy coin that more scalable and better on its technical view to become a payment system. I used privacy coin like veil to create any payment system and create a transaction with others. It's much better rather than bitcoin.

LanaFlame
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 03, 2019 4:57 pm

I think that not only Bitcoin is the future of money, other cryptocurrencies also can become the future of money.
The question is - do we really need so many crypto kinds? What do you think?

LanaFlame
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 03, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm doubtful about that
They never think about that and it's impossible to see US tries to seen bitcon at the same level as fiat money which is having a stable value. It looks like the fact that bitcoin will be very suitable to become a commodity such as gold to store our value.

We have a lot of coins just like privacy coin that more scalable and better on its technical view to become a payment system. I used privacy coin like veil to create any payment system and create a transaction with others. It's much better rather than bitcoin.
Agree with you

ANC

Sun May 05, 2019 6:14 am

Many websites today now accepts BTC as a mode of payment to shop online, even physically some South Africa shops accept bitcoins to make in-store purchase, there are bitcoin ATMS in some countries. So could bitcoin really be the future of money worldwide, the USD as been deemed as a universal currency yet you still have to exchange USD to local currency before you can spend it in most countries. But bitcoin are directly accepted and there are platforms/ exchangers that exchange crypto for local currency.

The only reason why bitcoin is not yet a worldwide medium of exchange is the decentralised attribute and its not been regulated. If bitcoin becomes regulated it might lose some of its advantages (the major reason why some people are in the crypto market), this is controlled by the USA that i believe sees BTC as a direct rival to the USD and wont let it be regulated.

Note: This are just my Opinion, if you have a different opinion please share.
I quite agree with your inference on this topic but I only have one thing to add: Bitcoin is not the future of money, CryptoCurrencies are.
Of course, the general or greater population of individuals will only recognize the name "BITCOIN" when placed alongside other coins like DOGE, TRON, OMI, etc., but this is just because it is the father of all other coins and as you know, every father's dream is for his children to surpass his limits .. No coin might ever reach the value of Bitcoin but look around the industry, tens of amazing projects have sprung up with amazing use cases and while bitcoin can serve as a method of payment and store of value (with volatility problems), these projects are working on bridging the gap between the real world and the digital world that is the blockchain. Now, for a project like ECOMI that has provided a platform where premium licensed, digital collectibles and other related virtual goods are traded, you wouldn't expect them to use bitcoin as a coin driving their platform. Now imagine the whole online gaming community use this platform and must use their native token, it becomes the method of payment for exchanging collectibles and this goes on for numerous other projects with real use cases and as such, bitcoin can't really be said to be the future of money, instead, say Cryptocurrencies are.

Jamyo

Mon May 06, 2019 8:39 am

I agree absolutely, cryptocurrency is the future. The revolution have already started

CRYPTOSLIVA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 am

First Now we exchange USD for bitcoin. Tomorrow we exchange Bitcoin for USD, which would pay there where dollars do not accept

X-ray

Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 am

That have the possibility of happening but there's plenty of new coin or altcoins that are as bright as bitcoin and could stand a chance to instead overtake bitcoin position. lately I've seen a coin that is quite interesting named veil and they are currently on an uptrend.
veil is basically a privacy coin so maybe that is a tad bit different than bitcoin but hey every coin have the chance.

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 06, 2019 4:45 pm

That have the possibility of happening but there's plenty of new coin or altcoins that are as bright as bitcoin and could stand a chance to instead overtake bitcoin position. lately I've seen a coin that is quite interesting named veil and they are currently on an uptrend.
veil is basically a privacy coin so maybe that is a tad bit different than bitcoin but hey every coin have the chance.
But consider the fact that US consider bitcoin as a commodity rather than seeing it as the competitor to the fiat money. It will be so difficult to take over the bitcoin's position. Bitcoin is still lack on the privacy and that should become what has been created by veil to solve the coins that is still lack of privacy. But bitcoin must adopt the privacy that used by veil or veil can become an alternative choice for the privacy coin.

Vlad96
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue May 07, 2019 11:14 am

The question is - do we really need so many crypto kinds? What do you think?
I believe that we need only strong and working projects, I am against all these scam projects.

MainLionMe998

Fri May 24, 2019 9:13 am

I think we need 10-20 years to see it. Maybe yes, but not in all countries

Chrisfreville

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46 am

It could be there's no certainty, It's also a risk to invest in cryptocurrency and that would always be people lose money and earn money so fast and there is no prove where it comes from and where it went. So there are many factors that matter.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”